We should have actually called this blog, ‘Discover MCM’s Top 10 all-time favourite hair and scalp care products’ because 'Top 10' and 'All Time Faves' go together like peanut butter and jam, serum and moisturiser, sunscreen and summertime. Most of the hair products listed in this Top 10 list ARE actually our best sellers, too - and for good reason.
Each of the haircare products in this list is proven time and time again to be the best in their field - and not just by us, but by our salon partners, friends, family, influencers (and you)
What makes a winning product?
It’s not easy to make it onto our Best Haircare Product list; we’re hardened hair care critics and expect a lot from our nearest and dearest!
- First and foremost - Next Level Results
- User Friendly - do we understand the instructions on the back of the bottle?
- Packaging - aesthetically pleasing, easy to use, shower-friendly
- Fragrance - obvs but key to user enjoyment!
- Surprise and delight - what makes the product stand out from the field
1. Christophe Robin Scalp Scrub
Why it’s a top seller
- This haircare product is truly the holy grail of scalp scrubs
- Deeply satisfying to use, thanks to its crunchy salt crystals and refreshing scent
- Skincare inspired, this exfoliating treatment soothes itchy, flaky scalps and breaks the daily the wash cycle to keep your hair and scalp feeling cleaner and fresher for longer
- Editors favourite since its launch in 2016
2. Larry King Flyaway Kit
Why it’s a bestseller
- This is your go-to for taming those annoying flyaways that ruin your Sofia Richie slick bun!
- A purse-sized tube of Social Life for your Hair cream and a handy double-end brush
- Light, multi-purpose finishing cream you can use for styling, smoothing, treating dry ends or adding piece-y texture.
- Award-winning design much loved by beauty editors across Australia, England and Europe
- Because, Victoria McGraw aka The Frow uses it on the daily #IKYK
3. Ibiza Blonde Brush
Why it’s a winner
- Consistently 5-star rated by our customers for delivering glossy, smooth blow-dry results
- Its blonde boar bristles deliver that little bit of extra shine over its brunette stablemates
- Ergonomic and lightweight cork handle makes blow-drying easier for any skill level
- A variety of sizes make this brush an easy product to grab for any hair care buff
- Adored by the entire team at our partner salon, QUE Colour for its voluminous results
4. Christophe Robin Blonde Mask
- This much-lauded toning mask is THE secret weapon for any blonde
- Using Iris Fiorentina extract, this violet-hued treatment corrects brassiness and illuminates highlighted, bleached and grey tones to cool perfection in 30 mins.
- Hairdressers favourite (ask anyone at QUE Colour if you don’t believe us)
5. Larry King Volume Mousse
- Hands down favourite for achieving the perfect Larry King style blow-dry
- Apple amino acid enriched formula adds shape and volume to all hair types without any ‘crunchiness’ or sticky finish
- Use it throughout damp hair for effortless soft volume, or just where you need the extra lift at the crown
- Suitable for all hair types
6. Christophe Robin Shampoo + Conditioner
- The quiet performer of the Christophe Robin range
- Builds volume right from the shower thanks to natural rose extracts which add density from the roots
- Heavenly scented
- Unique lightweight gel formula is ideal for fine, limp and flat hair types
- Combine with a regular Cleansing Volumizing treatment with Rassoul clay for a week-long body and luscious shape.
7. Ibiza Dressing Brush
Picture courtesy @moniquemcmahoncolour
- Everyone needs an elegant boar bristle dressing brush!
- Daily brushing stimulates your scalp to encourage hair growth, distributing your hair’s natural oils from root to tip to add beautiful, healthy shine
- Blonde bristles add an extra level of glossiness to all hair types
- Great for applying your heat protectant before blow drying or brushing out your waves once styled
8. Christophe Robin Melting Mask
Picture courtesy of @quecolour
- Dying for that QUE Colour shiny, glossy mane? This is the at-home version.
- Delivers next-level hydration in 3-minutes flat thanks to its 98% natural, aloe vera-based formula
- Depuffs frizzy hair, smooths coarse or curly hair, adding mirror-like shine to all hair types
9. les huilettes grow serum
- This beautifully simple, yet complex plant and essential-oil-based growth serum boosts hair density and thickness
- Double certified organic by COSMOS Organic and approved by The Vegan Society (important as the organic beauty industry is not regulated in Australia so badging is vital if you want to have reassurance of the provenance of your products)
- Silver medal winner at the 2023 Clean and Conscious Awards
- Clinically proven to deliver results
- Perfect for those wanting to try the new Tik Tok famous hair-oiling trend
10. Christophe Robin Prickly Pear Mask
Image courtesy @billiejeanreed
- No best haircare product list would be complete without this iconic mask
- Launched by colour artisan Christophe Robin in 2012, this richly luxurious treatment deeply revitalises the hair fibre.
- With the revered Moroccan Prickly Pear oil at the heart of its formula, this omega 6 + 9 rich hair product is the best choice for hair types looking to improve suppleness, smooth frizz and split ends to leave it looking silky and luminous
These are our favourite hair and scalp products of the year so far (in all honesty, they are the OG best of the best - top-rated and best-selling every year for us) We’ll write another post on the stealth performers soon.
Any questions or if need help to decide which products will be best for your hair type, give us a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org - We are always happy to talk hair, all day, every day.