UNBOXING HOME HAIR COLOUR
Stuck at home with grey hairs a-sprouting and no hope of seeing your colourist any time in the foreseeable future? We've found the (albeit, temporary) answer to your woes with Christophe Robin's Colour Gel range.
These resealable bottles of nasty-free direct colour dye put traditional box dyes in the shade.
Master colourist Monique McMahon, founder @quecolour, gives her recommendations on how to get the best from Christophe’s Temporary colour gels at home.
“My hot tips for perfect colour blends at home are:
- Wash with a silicone free shampoo first, and towel-dry the moisture out
- Use the brush applicator, and paint on your greys only (Get your hubby to help. Always fun)
- Don’t try to do the whole head if you don’t need to, just the visible grey areas
- Use Christophe Robin’s shade variation mask on the lengths and ends to protect and enhance old colour – warm chestnut, golden blonde or ash brown.
- OR try multi-masking with the cleansing mask with lemon on the ends. My favourite option!
- Keep it off your skin.
- Remember it’s a blend for your greys that takes the ‘scream’ off them. For full coverage, you need to your colourist 😊
- Don’t shampoo off, just condition.
And NEVER PUT IT DIRECTLY OVER THE COLOURED HAIR*!!”
*NB Not suitable for bleached hair or highlights more than two shades lighter.